An opportunity to acquire an excellent three bedroom family home on Newtownards Road, Bangor. Occupying a substantial site this home has been lovingly cared for over the years and retains many original features throughout. Situated close to transport routes, one can commute to Belfast with ease by road or rail. Amenities such as shops, cafes, restaurants and leisure facilities are all close at hand.
On the ground floor the property boasts a gracious vestibule and entrance hall, sitting and dining rooms both with feature fireplaces, fitted kitchen, conservatory and downstairs shower room ideal for those who are a bit less mobile. Three good sized bedrooms, two of which retain original bedroom fireplaces and a family bathroom make up the first floor.
Externally, the front garden is laid in lawn and is complimented by mature planting and feature stone boundary wall. Off street parking is accessed through wrought iron gates. It's to the rear that this property comes into its own with extensive gardens laid in lawn enhanced by mature apple trees and well planned planting making it ideal for enjoying those peaceful summer evenings, providing a safe environment for children to play or outside entertaining. Indeed subject to the necessary permissions and approvals one could extend this property without losing much usable garden.
With the opportunity to update and extend the purchaser could create a very special home.
This is a 'must see' property which can only be appreciated through viewing. Viewing strictly by appointment through Pinkertons.
- ENTRANCE VESTIBULE:
- Painted hardwood front door. Tiled floor.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Dado and picture rails. Alarm control pad. Heating control unit. Electric cupboard. Stairs to first floor.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- 3.58m x 1.98m (11' 9" x 6' 6")
White sanitary ware - wc and pedestal wash hand basin. Walk in shower cubicle. Anti-slip flooring. Extractor fan.
- SITTING ROOM:
- 4.39m x 3.28m (14' 5" x 10' 9")
Feature open fireplace with original tiles and wood surround. Picture rail. Dual aspect. Television point. Cornice ceiling.
- DINING ROOM:
- 3.66m x 3.56m (12' 0" x 11' 8")
Feature fireplace with original tiles, wood surround and multi-fuel stove. Bespoke storage with stained glass effect panels. Picture rail.
- 2.41m x 2.11m (7' 11" x 6' 11")
High and low level fitted units with Formica work surfaces. Stainless steel sink and drainer. Electric cooker. Recess for fridge freezer. Plumbed for washing machine. Part tiled walls. Quarry tile floor.
- LEAN TO CONSERVATORY:
- 4.29m x 2.74m (14' 1" x 9' 0")
Ceramic tile floor. Store room. uPVC door to rear garden.
- Roof space access via 'Slingsby' type ladder.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 3.71m x 3.28m (12' 2" x 10' 9")
Front aspect. Feature cast iron bedroom fireplace with tiled side panels. Panic button. Picture rail.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.63m x 2.9m (11' 11" x 9' 6")
Front aspect. Feature cast iron bedroom fireplace with tiled side panels. Picture rail.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 2.82m x 2.26m (9' 3" x 7' 5")
Rear aspect. Picture rail.
- 2.03m x 1.78m (6' 8" x 5' 10")
Coloured bathroom suite comprising - wc, pedestal wash hand basin and panelled bath with tap and hand held shower extension. Linoleum flooring. Hot press cupboard. Part tiled walls.
- Garden in lawn with mature planting, hedging and palm tree. Feature stone boundary wall. Wrought iron gate. Concrete path. Paved drive accessed via double wrought iron gates. Side access gate.
- Fully enclosed impressive rear garden in lawn. Concrete path. Mature apple trees, hedging and planting. Bunker believed to be an old air raid shelter. PVC oil tank. Boiler housing. Paved patio.