A rare opportunity to acquire a unique family home in the much sought after location of Seymour Avenue in Bangor West. Occupying a large elevated site with picturesque views this home has been lovingly cared for and added to over the years with bespoke touches throughout. Situated close to Carnalea Halt and transport routes, one can commute to Belfast with ease by road or rail. For those who are active, Carnalea Golf Club is close at hand as well as a very pleasant walk to the beach. Rathmore retail complex is a short walk away for those every day provisions as is Rathmore Primary School.
Internally the property boasts a gracious reception hall, lounge and living room both with feature bay windows, fitted kitchen, snug/dining area, conservatory/utility and three bedrooms including master with en-suite. Of particular note is the feature wrought iron and stained glass work throughout. Anaglypta panels in the hallway demonstrate the attention to details and quality that has lovingly been put into this superb home.
Externally the property has been enhanced with the addition of a summer house with light, power and a w/c as well as double and single garages. The front garden is laid in lawn and extensive paved and brick paviour areas to the side and rear making this an excellent property for outside entertaining. This is further evidenced by the veranda to the front of the property, ideal for enjoying those peaceful summer evenings and the panoramic views towards the sea.
'Carnalea House' is accessed through automated, sliding security gates which lead to a tarmac drive that sweeps to both the front and rear of the property. With the entire grounds protected by a state of the art security system including external motion sensors and lighting and surrounded by mature hedging, boundary walls to the front and sides with a feature stone wall to the rear privacy and security are assured.
Potential abounds here with the opportunity to extend the property itself or add extra accommodation for a teenager or dependant, subject to approvals.
This is a 'must see' property which can only be appreciated through viewing. Viewing is strictly by appointment through Pinkertons.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Spacious reception hall. Cloak cupboard. Cornice ceiling.
- Anaglypta panels. Dado rail. Hardwood doors to accommodation.
- 6.32m x 5.m (20' 9" x 16' 5")
Solid wood floor. Door with stained glass panels. Feature bay window single glazed. Alcove. Feature stained glass arch with decorative wrought iron doors.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 5.89m x 5.03m (19' 4" x 16' 6")
Feature cast iron fireplace with hardwood surround and granite hearth. Single glazed bay window. Painted stone chimney breast. Door to veranda with decorative wrought iron cover. Television point.
- KITCHEN WITH BREAKFAST AREA:
- 6.12m x 3.58m (20' 1" x 11' 9")
Solid wood fitted kitchen with a range of high and low level units including leaded display cabinets and breakfast bar. Granite work tops. Ceramic hob. Stainless steel oven and grill. Recess for fridge freezer. One and a quarter stainless steel sink and drainer. Brick inglenook with electric stove inset. Part tiled walls. Television point. Ceramic tile floor. Feature wood beamed ceiling. Telephone entry control. Alarm control pad. Decorative wrought iron doors to hall.
- DINING ROOM/SNUG:
- 3.58m x 3.53m (11' 9" x 11' 7")
Ceramic tile floor. Currently used as an office. Feature plaster ceiling rose.
- UTILITY ROOM/CONSERVATORY:
- 5.49m x 3.15m (18' 0" x 10' 4")
Ceramic tile floor. Belfast sink with pewter mixer tap. Plumbed for washing machine. Pine tongue and groove ceiling. White uPVC double doors to front and single to rear. Oil fired boiler.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.67m x 3.58m (15' 4" x 11' 9")
Front aspect. Telephone point. Television Point.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 36.2m x 1.22m (118' 9" x 4' 0")
Coloured suite comprising w/c, pedestal wash-hand-basin, pannelled bath and separate shower cubicle. Ceramic tile floor.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.56m x 2.9m (11' 8" x 9' 6")
Wash-hand-basin on vanity unit.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.56m x 2.9m (11' 8" x 9' 6")
Wash-hand-basin on vanity unit. Built-in wardrobe.
- FAMILY BATHROOM:
- 3.53m x 2.87m (11' 7" x 9' 5")
'Sanitan' Victorian style sink with brass hot and cold taps on cast iron frame. Cast iron roll top bath on claw feet with brass mixer tap and hand held shower extension. 'Sanitan' w/c. Separate shower cubicle with 'Mira Advance' electric shower. Illuminated suspended ceiling. Ceramic tile floor. Part tiled walls. Shaver point.
- DOUBLE GARAGE:
- 5.79m x 5.28m (19' 0" x 17' 4")
Double up and over doors. Light and power. Security light.
- 5.13m x 3.71m (16' 10" x 12' 2")
Electric roller door. Light and power. Security lights.
- SUMMER HOUSE:
- 5.26m x 3.48m (17' 3" x 11' 5")
Block construction with wood cladding. Light and power. W/C including sink. Part insulated. Double doors. Single glazed featuring period stained glass windows. Veranda. Currently used as workshop. Potential for Annex accommodation subject to approvals.
- Remotely operated sliding security gate. Entrance pillars. Boundary wall with mature hedging. Sweeping tarmac drive with wrought iron railings and red brick kerb sets. Large garden laid in lawn. Mature trees and shrubs. Parking for several cars/caravan/boat.
- Paved path to rear of property. Large low maintenance paved and brick paviour areas ideal for entertaining. Various grassed areas. Mature trees and planting. Flower beds. Mature hedging. Feature stone rear boundary wall. Board fencing. Outside taps. Security lighting.