Georgian style and elegance make this a home of sophistication and charm. Situated in the heart of the rolling County Down countryside the property has featured in several publications including 'BBC Good Homes'. A great deal of planning has gone into the layout and design ensuring ease of living and a warm ambience. The coast is a short distance away with the historic Carrowdore Castle also in proximity. Those with an equestrian interest will enjoy the stabling, sand school and paddock on offer.
Approached through large wrought iron gates the impressive Portico entrance welcomes visitors and prepares them for what lies beyond the classical stained glass hard wood front door and side panels. Upon entering the gracious reception hall with its polished marble floor it is apparent that one is in a property of distinction. The thoughtfully designed internal layout over three floors comprises six bedrooms, three of which are en suite, downstairs W.C, stunning lounge, living room, study, dining room, luxury family bathroom, downstairs cloakroom and kitchen/dining area with bespoke handmade painted solid oak units.
Carefully landscaped gardens ensure enjoyment of the natural surroundings from every angle, whilst clever planting provides secluded areas of privacy for those much needed peaceful moments.
Outbuildings extending to approximately six thousand square feet include garaging, stabling with wash bay, workshop and utility area. There is parking for several vehicles and boat or horse lorry. An area of hard standing originally intended as a tennis court, edged and hard cored could have a multitude of uses. As previously mentioned a field extending to approximately two acres would make an ideal paddock for those with an equestrian interest. Also included is an original barn house, currently utilised as a yoga studio and previously had full planning permission for conversion to a rural dwelling (1350sq ft). It is likely this would get planning approval again.
A rare opportunity to acquire a quality country residence in a desirable location; viewing is essential to fully appreciate all this property has to offer.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- 7.9m x 2.62m (25' 11" x 8' 7")
Hardwood front door including side panels with feature stained glass. Polished marble floor. Feature cornicing including ceiling rose. Stairs to first floor.
- 7.82m x 6.45m (25' 8" x 21' 2")
Double doors from hall. Feature sandstone fireplace piped for gas fire. French oak flooring. Bespoke corniced ceiling and ceiling roses. Vaulted ceiling. Double glazed French doors leading to limestone patio seating area, rear and side gardens.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 5.36m x 3.91m (17' 7" x 12' 10")
French oak floor. Corner fireplace with sandstone surround and multi fuel cast iron stove. Corniced ceiling and ceiling rose.
- DINING ROOM:
- 4.17m x 3.94m (13' 8" x 12' 11")
French oak floor. Bespoke corniced ceiling. Corner fireplace with sandstone surround and hearth with gas fire.
- 3.25m x 2.39m (10' 8" x 7' 10")
Built in bookshelves and cupboards. French oak flooring. Views rural views.
- LUXURY KITCHEN/DINING ROOM:
- 7.8m x 4.11m (25' 7" x 13' 6")
Comprehensive and extensive range of 'Thomas Bell' individually designed bespoke made to measure painted French Oak high and low level units, glass display cabinet and plate rack. Matching dresser/larder unit. Centre island unit with butchers block top and storage. Plumbed for American Style fridge freezer. Range housing with inset extractor and light. Roll edge granite worktops with concealed lighting over. Belfast sink with mixer taps. Integrated 'Bosch' dishwasher. Large tiled polished Limestone flooring. Walls partly tiled. Sky light. Double doors to rear deck. Open plan into:
- DINING AREA:
- French doors to extensive rear decked seating area.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.59m x 2.44m (8' 6" x 8' 0")
Range of low level units with inset Belfast sink. Wine rack. Part tiled walls. Matching large tile Limestone flooring. Alarm controls. Heating control unit. uPVC double glazed stable style door. To cloakroom:
- Large tile Limestone flooring. Low flush w/c. Storage cupboard. Electric fuse box and Wi - Fi controls. Attic access.
- STAIRS & LANDING:
- Feature painted wood stairs with runner and stair rods. Painted balustrades with Mahogany handrail. Feature arched stained glass window. Bespoke cornicing. Alarm control panel.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.62m x 3.96m (15' 2" x 13' 0")
French oak flooring. Dimmer switch. Walk in wardrobe with light point and single panel radiator.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising vanity wash hand basin, low flush w/c, corner shower cubicle with 'Mira' power shower. Heated towel rail. Fully tiled walls and floor. Extractor fan. Shaver point.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.99m x 3.51m (13' 1" x 11' 6")
French oak flooring. Wardrobe with shelving. Double panel radiator. Stunning views. Shared access with Bedroom (3) to Jack & Jill en suite shower room.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising; pedestal wash hand basis and low flush w/c, corner shower cubicle with 'Triton' power shower. Heated towel rail. Partly tiled walls. Tiled floor. Extractor fan. Shaver point. Two eyeball down lighters.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.96m x 3.48m (13' 0" x 11' 5")
French oak flooring. Built in walk in wardrobe with light point. Access to adjoining en suite shower room with Bedroom (2).
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.35m x 3.1m (11' 0" x 10' 2")
Deep fitted wardrobes. Wood laminate flooring
- LUXURY FAMILY BATHROOM:
- 3.61m x 2.67m (11' 10" x 8' 9")
Antique style white suite comprising claw foot slipper cast iron bath with taps, ornate pedestal wash hand basis and low flush WC. Fully tiled walls. Tiled floor. Feature arched window. Bespoke corniced ceiling. Heated antique towel rail. Spectacular rural views.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 5.64m x 4.34m (18' 6" x 14' 3")
Walk in wardrobe with light point and single panel radiator. Double glazed Velux window. Glass block partition to:
- BEDROOM 6/TEENAGE RECEPTION AREA:
- 5.11m x 4.37m (16' 9" x 14' 4")
Under eaves storage. Double glazed Velux window.
- STABLE BLOCK:
- 24.05m x 5.49m (78' 11" x 18' 0")
Three stalls and wash bay.
- SAND MENAGE:
- 27.99m x 18.01m (91' 10" x 59' 1")
- ORIGINAL BARN HOUSE:
- Currently utilised as a yoga studio. Previously had full planning permission for conversion to a rural dwelling (1350sq ft). This is likely to be passed again.
- HARD STANDING:
- Edged, hardcored, requires finishing but potential for tennis court. Excellent area for vehicle storage.
- DRIVE THROUGH FOUR BAY GARAGE:
- 14.02m x 6.53m (46' 0" x 21' 5")
Electric roller door
- Approximately 2 acres. Currently in pasture. Excellent paddock.
- OUTDOOR WASHROOM:
- Plumbed for washing machine. High and low level units. Sink with mixer tap. Light and power. Oil fired boiler